TO: Customers and Suppliers
FROM: Joe Schumacher, Owner
RE: COVID UPDATE
DATE: March 24, 2020
RE: Customers Service Appointments
Here at Joe’s, the safety of our customers’ and employees has and continues to be one of our number one priorities. Facing the current crisis our commitment to that goal will not change.
As one of the leading automotive repair centers in the Slinger Area, we want to ensure we are doing our part to assist in preventing the spread of the virus while maintaining a healthy environment for both clients and team members.
With accordance to the CDC, Joe’s has and continues taking the following precautions:
- The repeated routine of cleaning all commonly used surfaces in our shop throughout each day.
- Our clients’ vehicles will be disinfected before and after service to protect clients and team members.
- Our technicians and office staff have been instructed to wash hands for 20+ seconds regularly throughout each day.
- To wear gloves during services provided.
We are monitoring all staff for symptoms and will require them to stay home if any viral symptoms are present.
RE: Emission test services are postponed until further notice. Emission inspection deadlines are extended.
As of Tuesday, March 24th 2020 10:15AM we have been instructed to hold off on Emission testing to reduce the rick of spreading of COVID-19.
Please note that emission test requirements have extended deadlines:
- Registration date(s) after March 12 that require an emission test will have 90 days from their renewal date to complete an emission test and maintain valid registration.
- Customers who obtained a new vehicle registration this year (Jan. 26-Mar. 12) will need to complete an emission test by June 10 to maintain valid registration.
- Customers who apply for, or obtained, new registration after March 12 will have 90 days from their date of registration to complete an emission test and maintain valid registration.
RE: Parts Deliveries
There have not been any changes to deliveries or the process of procuring signatures. Please continue to deliver parts with past business practices. If you are uncomfortable with this process please let us know how we can accommodate you.